Monday – Friday: 07:00 – 18:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
An ideal location for transport between, Bournemouth, Ringwood, Salisbury and Southampton, the nursery is located on Salisbury Road and has fantastic transport links via the A338
We are a short walk from the nearest bus stop on Surma Valley.
We have a large car park available for drop off and collection.
We believe that children in our care should spend time in an environment where they feel comfortable, secure and nurtured by those around them. Our staff are highly qualified, all of whom are trained in both first aid and safeguarding children.
All rooms at the Nursery have direct access to large outdoor play areas. We take the safety and security of the children very seriously and all areas are securely enclosed.Our aim is to provide a happy and emotionally secure environment where children in our care can trust us to meet their emotional and physical needs, have the freedom to develop at their own pace, and know they will be valued for who they are.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Fordingbridge Day Nursery
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey.
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team.
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play.
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, and touch.
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills through rhyme time and a language rich environment.
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious exploring the open-ended resources provided.
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play.
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners.
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills.
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts, feelings and begin to be aware of the feelings of others.
- Our preschool room supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy.
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition.
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them.
- We promote an inclusive environment where children are valued for their own individuality, and the individuality of others.
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength.
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our children have access into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges.
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn.
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play.
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers.
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
I have worked in the childcare sector since 1990 and first became a manager in 2003. I am passionate about providing a safe, caring environment where children know, their interests and the choices they make, are valued by the adults around them. I am proud to say that I believe that Fordingbridge Day Nursery have an amazing team who also share my passion.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 20th January, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.